Bid Sheet, the Helper of Silent Bid
Have you ever participated in an auction? If you have, then you must have encountered at least one form of bid sheet. This sheet is considered a crucial aspect of any auction activity. In this passage, you are going to learn some detailed explanations about this particular sheet in case you will need it in the future.
Why Do You Need a Sheet When Bidding?
There are several reasons for you to need this sheet. Here are some of them.
- Gathering detailed information easily
If you use the bid sheet in an auction, you will not need to hold a public bidding event in order to reveal the goods that are being auctioned. You can easily compile the information about the goods and distribute them to prospective bidders on the sheet so they can check it on their own. It is going to cut down the cost of holding the auction. You can also compile the information of your bidder easier this way.
- Reaching out to a bigger audience
It is also a way to reach for a bigger audience. You only need to mail the sheet to prospective bidders instead of inviting them to your auction. The location of your auction may not be accessible for some bidders who are very interested in your offer. Thus, you do not risk losing a potential buyer of your goods due to location. You can even attract bidders overseas this way.
- Silent bidding
Some people also prefer silent bidding more than public bidding because it means that they do not have to face many people who want to obtain the same thing directly. It prevents confrontation and perhaps other awkward situations. As a bidder, it helps them obtaining multiple goods in one auction without having to broadcast it to the public. Some bidders also prefer to keep their participation anonymous so it helps a lot.
General Template for Silent Bidding
Here is the content of the bid sheet template that you will encounter in general.
- The template would include the terms of agreement for that certain auction.
- Information on the bidder including name, address, and contact information.
- Description of each item being auctioned. Usually, if it is about goods, bidders will also get pictures of the goods being offered.
- The starting price for each good is also offered to the bidder (for items bidding). If its project bidding, usually the maximum price is the one that is going to be listed since the contractor will attempt to offer the lowest price.
- Empty space for the bidder to write down the price offer.
Sample: Sheet for Contractor Bid
If you are a contractor, you are going to bid for the lowest price that you can offer. Of course, you need to make calculation first on how much a project is going to cost you then you need to offer the project owner the lowest price possible, you hopefully your service would be picked. In this bid sheet, the contractor needs to make the calculation for each project component as clear as possible. In the end, they will make the calculation of total price.